View Single Post

Thread: Empires!4 Event- Matters of Faith

1. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Default Re: Empires!4 Event- Matters of Faith

Wedding, with Regno
    "We were not in favor of the War of the Three Queens, no. However, as a dutiful member of the Chief's council, I nonetheless abide by our Chieftesses' orders even when they do not agree with my own feelings." Harbormaster Struffen said with a conspiratorial wink towards the delegate from Regno.

"Poppycock!" Interjected War Chief Vignar, "It was you who approached me with that scrapped plan to assas- sorry." He was silenced with a quick nudge from the harbor master.

"- To make a long story short, the two of us opposed the war, though for different reasons." the harbor master concluded, "I was concerned about the effect of hostilities on Whern's recovering economy -and let me tell you, it has not been good, while my esteemed colleague here is a great softie for the lives of his troops."

Private Banquet
    As Isknvald finished answering the second round of questions, the servants appeared again, removing the soup from the table and replacing it with bowls of salad. The last one to leave the room bowed to the delegates and announced the next course.

"Spinach and Kale Salad with fried halibut in onion and garlic dressing."

Shaman Agnar nudged Yfga, who started as if from a stupor. She realized that while the spirit spoke, she had been silently mouthing out all of its words. They simultaneously stood and bowed deeply to the possessed acolyte, and Agnar spoke.

"Your understanding of humans and your wisdom grows by the day, Yskenvald. Already you are fit for godhood, by next summer's expedition to do the deed you will be a model deity."

As they sat down again, Yfga recollected her thoughts while the salads were set down and the Regno delegate spoke.
    "Uhhh, Magi Armis, ignoring your extraordinarily hypocritical comment about privilege, we negotiated a contract granting safety to Isknvald's worshipers. This is guaranteed. What Isknvald chooses to do with its godhood its its own decision. Even should the good god not see fit to save all of Regner to prove its benevolence, as a Magi you know that all magic, even protection, comes with a price, and in comparison to a few grams of Bani this is an exceedingly good one. How much effort does it take to say a quick prayer once a week, or wear a holy symbol around your neck, in exchange for safety from the cold? The Mandates might encourage you to accept spending lives in cruel and senseless defiance of gods, dragons, and spirits as necessary for the triumph of humanity, but that is not our way, and neither is it yours, as your record with the Father of Silence and protection payments to Gwitna Pirates shows. The better part of wisdom is not letting an opportunity to save those you can save pass you by for the sake of a hollow idealism.".
    Last edited by Potato_Priest; 2019-03-26 at 12:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by No brains View Post
    See, I remember the days of roleplaying before organisms could even see, let alone use see as a metaphor for comprehension. We could barely comprehend that we could comprehend things. Imagining we were something else was a huge leap forward and really passed the time in between absorbing nutrients.

Biggest play I ever made: "I want to eat something over there." Anticipated the trope of "being able to move" that you see in all stories these days.