Quote Originally Posted by Gengy View Post
Private Banquet

"Spirit Isknvald, I am Magi Armis, of Family Petram, Son of Dulce and Laetus." Armis rose calmly, not at all shaken by what had been transpiring. More, if anything, Armis was privately worried about what Aeshma would do if things escalated or the wrong answers were given. There was a great deal of sense in what Amham's Duke and Yondar's King were asking; beings of great power had risen before, but to call them gods? Even if they were asking permission first? It was hard for Armis to accept. He was fairly sure Isknvald could sense that too, so the important question that the Magi of Regno had finally broke his silence.

"What of those of us whom do not convince your... patron Digits? You say that you will be loyal, and true, to those whom honor you. Partners to them. Regno can understand this. Yet, if Whern were to lean in the direction of adding your ascension to godhood to - for the purpose of this example - Jalyeong-bo. Would the rest of us continue to suffer this Long Night?"

Magi Armis turned to the assembled guests and the host, "I cannot - nor will not - deny that the Sultanate had a hand in the slaying of 'Gxe'dhok. She was a powerful creature, whom some called a god, that had gone too far. Initia is not meant to be used for the continued persecution and destruction of entire nations, and could not support an Aspect - or even a part of an Aspect - that willingly brought destruction like 'Gxe'dhok did. Or like the Long Winter continues to threaten to do, without the proper preparation and resources. Resources that are growing slimmer and slimmer, even as the Long Night grows longer, stronger, and spreads further."

"So, to the assembled here, are we petitioning for this... Spirit-soon-god to stop the Long Winter, once and for all, for everyone... or only for those privileged to be selected by our hosts and Isknvald? I know where Regno stands on that question."
The woman offered up a nod to Magi Armis as he rose, using her fingers to stuff the salad into her face, chewing only just enough to swallow as she waited for him to finish. Her eyes shone like the jewels around her neck.

"Armis-progeny-of-Laetus, your concerns, your fears, your meaning is anticipated. My, my, my plan is to pull back and away and in the whole of the spreading cold, wherever it may be. But, if I were to turn out to be, to be, to be mistaken, and unable to tame it, to reign it in, to call it to me, for this reason or that reason, from lack of the reach I hope to gain, or insufficient strength from insufficient sacrifices, especially if no pantheon will join me to theirs, or a severing of my connection...then I must focus my energies upon my followers first, much as a Sultan must tend to their own subjects first, or a King, or a Duke."