Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
Vigil Tour- Training Grounds

The truth is much more simple! The training grounds are where people go if they're not relaxing and have nothing better to do. Therefore, there's usually people here. People Makuro can ask about lemonade.

"Hello. I'm Makuro, this is Lapis. We are also quite new; Lapis was born today, and I joined last week-ish. Time is tricky, I've noticed. Do you know where we might find some lemonade?" Makuro's a little surprised that Karasu didn't actually give her name, but it doesn't show much.
Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
[VIGIL Tour - Training Grounds]

Lapis puffs out her cheeks a bit and gives the giant a look.

Makuro stole her thunder!

She was going to comment on how she's new as well, only a few hours old! She knew what the... ummm...

Ninja?

That's a ninja.

Mom knows what ninjas are and that knowledge got passed on to Lapis, among other random tidbits.

Anyway!

She knew what the ninja meant! But her reply was going to be a clever play on words but Makuro ruined that forever!

It's the most tragic thing that has happened to Lapis thus far. Her bar for tragedy is pretty low at the moment.

"Mom made me since horrible pod people are lurking around!" Lapis says as she strikes the most vigilant pose she can come up with, hunkering down slightly and lashing her tail back and forth. She's pretty sure it looks cool. "My job is to make sure none of them sneak into VIGIL! I'm going to be super vigilant and there's no way anything will get past- ooh a butterfly!"

She goes bounding after the colorful insect.

"Come back! I just want to eat you a little bit!"
[VIGIL Tour - Training Grounds]

A fully-grown seraph-like creature, merely a few hours old. Another day in the Nexus. Makuro might not have let it shown much, but it still showed a little bit, something Karasu picks up on, not that she pays it too much attention. She reacts to all of their bubbliness and friendliness with a deadpan expression, waiting for them both to finish speaking before replying, though things get derailed once Lapis chases after something pretty.

"No I don't. I'm Karasu." She simply says, then returns to her training, not letting it show on her face that inside she's smiling, mainly because she's thinking of how she'll tell her girlfriend about her new VIGIL internship.

'Natalie'd want me to make an effort to socialize.' She thinks to herself, stopping mid-kick and turning back to the giant. "Karasu, I'm a ninja, and I'm not a social person. Happy to help with killing the pod people, and treating any battle injuries you might have." That said, she returns back to training, waiting until Lapis returns.
"So, a newborn seraph, huh? I know a couple angels in GLoG. They look human, but I'm pretty sure that's not their true form." She attempts to make some conversation, while at the same time working up a sweat against the training dummy.