Secret Banquet

Norá av Aanaar had grown weary of the lands of the northwest in recent years, the growing storm there reminiscence of old legends that gave her pause. So it was she had held back, depsite his own husband's presence, allowing the other great leaders so invited into the these sequestered halls to speak their peace for a time. The act of patience was in part a means to gauge those present and where they stood. The short, middle aged Rhunite stood near the entrance beside her eldest children. A beautiful woman with long brunette hair and intense, dark eyes, her calm and observant attempt to gauge the field was a lesson to the two teenage girls, who would one day rule the United Confederacy and Yondari League.

The eldest, Korppi, seemed to handle the lesson well. Her parentage was undoubtable, a youthful image of her mother, lutrine tail and ears included, though her hair and eyes were darker. Her hair was bound up in many tight braids, bound up in a twisted bun held in place by spiral horn hair pins. A lock of free bangs hung over her visage, obsurring an eye, a bored and almost contemptous look on the youth's face as she watched the strange sight unfold. Beside her, the nearly identical Naná could not have seemed more different. Dark hair cut in a simple bob with bangs, her dark eyes seemed alight with an excited energy. She possessed the sciurine ears and tail of her father's people, standing there bouncing on her heels as she seemed to pet her own fluffy tail obssessively, gaze darting with peaked interest at the many influencial people present.

The girls' mother eyed them quickly, making a gesture for them to remain standing near the room's entrance as she finally stepped forward, slowly making her way to the table with swaying hips before prompting taking a seat beside her husband. She reached out a hand, casually grasping Yven's as she offered him a reassuring smile before her gaze turned to the others present. She audibly cleared her throat before speaking.

"Esteemed Isknvald, may I ask why it is you believe that only you, and you alone, can end this unnatural storm? The north houses many beings of power, after all, with a history of cooperation. I do not think my husband is misplaced in invoking the name of the Mad Wind in this moment either. The forces of Whern only just formed the bounds of kinship in arms with the Animists in ending the madness of the fell warlock Krace, whose goal was to free Pohjoinen from the prison that has held that twisted... Yeunopihm since his ancient disgrace. The demands you make now... They ring in my ears like echoes of that fell being. It is likely from this echo of days past that caution about your intention arise among those of the north. We all just narrowly escaped the fate of a wintery spirit of ambitions claiming dominion over the skies due to the Mandate's meddling. Should we trade one for another simply on the promise the new one will correct their mistakes? Perhaps it best if your plea be judged by more wizened spirits, rather than the mortals present. Would you defend and profess your earnestness before Jumi and Sáráhkká, among whose number you wish to join?"