1. - Top - End - #537
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: (IC) Lords of Creation: The Grateful and the Odious (LOC)

Turu - Alamut

The training was difficult for him so he could only imagine how it must have been for those.....less gifted. In truth, the physical test were mostly demanding because of the psychological stress of literally trying to be in three places at once. He learned how to cordon off parts of his consciousness to great affect. He focused purely on mastery of the Shadow Arts and had learned early on that his lich masters would suffer no fools nor weaknesses. The art of disguise was nearly worthless to him, and as such his focus would drift, often resulting in harsh punishments. He learned to accept without complaint the rigid discipline by coming to realize that if he mastered the methods of disguise he would be forever able to detect them in others. More than one of his fellow students fell victim to the very poisons they were learning, and much to his dismay he discovered that his unique compost form did not render him immune to all poisons. There were a number that seemed particularly toxic to certain biological types...the fumes of the ground up deathshead mushrooms would make him horribly ill for days at a time; suffering from nearly paralyzing headaches.

Weapons training and stealth were the areas that fascinating him the most. To his surprise he discovered that his mongoose brethren surpassed him in nearly every way when it came to stealth and subtly. Try as he might, he could never maintain the level of focus to keep his three distinct bodies hidden. Being the first detected nearly every time, lead him to adapt to the weapons training quickly....he would often find himself(ves) surrounded and attacked on all sides. Mastery of the quarterstaff have proven most helpful and was something he took to naturally. His skill was unparalleled among his peers, and he could best all but the Masters and Liches IF he was allowed to focus purely on his true self and not maintain focus elsewhere.. The dagger and chain proved more difficult however, and to his chagrin none of his mongooses personas stood at the head of their respective classes due to his divided concentration. Perhaps that was for the best though, he did not want to stand out.

At the end of his first year, the number of mongoose initiates had dropped to just fourteen. When it came time for the sparring and choosing by the older students, it was before all - singular matches against older students with masters, liches, and pupils in attendance. No split consciousness on this day. He excelled, and as planned. Each of his three selves was chosen - one for each style, Centipede, Antlion, and Wasp. His challenge now was to live as three, completely separated from himself. The classes did not sleep, eat, study, nor spar together. He was excited and terrified all at once. Gathering his things he did not notice the ancient lich that had come to stand directly before him, and as he straighten, he startled...nearly toppling over backwards. He couldn't help it, his other selves flinched, one near the door, and one sitting lotus-style against the far wall.

The croaking voice that spoke through rotting vocal chords said only, "I see you Turu." Had he a heart, it would have been pounding in his chest, as he watched the Shadow Art Lich glide silently away.

Selima and Looloodi - Zerzura; Resplendent Realms

Selima's melancholy lifted entirely at Looloodi's company, she possessed an effervescent quality that was infectious. "Loo, I...I find I cannot return to the First World, and am just now realizing the extent to which it mattered to me. I fear I took the place of my birth for granted....that I did not do enough to prevent the evils and depredations of some of the mortals."

Strolling through the desert gardens, under the enormous glass dome of the Oasis Temple with her Sister, "I was considering a curse upon....oh, enough of that. I'm so happy you're here. I've things to share with you. I visited Mamona in her realm of excess, and found her incredibly charming in her way. She's a confidence and libertine manner that is most disarming. We spoke of her brother and this collar he placed around your throat. Her account of what happened in Karam-Kor tells of warning her brother not to harm you, and that binding you to his will would be a mistake, but he did. You see, that's the purpose of the 'gift' you wear. It seems they quarreled, and she left Karam-Kor immediately after, which is why neither myself nor the others encountered her there."

She stopped and gazed thoughtfully into Looloodi's eyes, "She mentioned one other thing. Something I found...intriguing. It seems that Nemesis is predisposed to see everything as his for the taking, and having conquered something he is likely to become highly possessive of it. Harsh though this may sound, it could be advantageous. If he views YOU as one such conquest, then you indeed would be his prize....I daresay he might even prove to most protective of something he prizes. Think upon that; there may be something there that we can swing to our purpose."

The Desert Maiden began to walk again. She was quiet and contemplative as she listened to her Sister. Leading Looloodi deeper into the Oasis Temple, she grasped Loo's hand and strayed from the path, plunging through ferns and palm fronds. After a brief trek through the groomed and well-tended garden flora, they came to a place of wild growth. Lush grasses and blossoming wildflowers lay before them on a small hillock. A one room stone house with thatched roof stood atop the hill. Silently Selima pushed on, climbing the cobble stairs to the door of the humble abode. Here she paused, turned to her Sister and spoke in somber tones, "I've something to show you that might explain my lingering melancholy."

Inside the tiny building proved as humble as the outside, an earthen floor, a simple wood-frame farm table, and large stone hearth in which a crackling fire permanently burned...yet the room was pleasantly cool. Two windows on opposite sides of the room stood open, their wooden shutters flung wide against the stones. Birds hopped, preened, and sang upon the sill. A rough-sawed timber cupboard stood upon one wall, covered in fruits, vegetables, implements, and spices as if someone had been interrupted in mid-preparation of a welcoming meal. A stew-pot hung over the fire. A straight back chair sat below the pegs and hooks next to the door. The ambiance was warm and welcoming, but the figure resting upon the farmhouse table was all that would matter to Looloodi. The long and a creamy orange fur was immediately recognizable, as were the indeterminate features...part rabbit, part fox, part cat, and many others.

Placing her hand on Loo's shoulder, there's a distinct catch in Selima's throat, "It's Taf...she won't wake up."

Spoiler: AP Accounting
    Show
    Beginning AP = 6AP +1PAP +1Bonus AP
    Create Major Utility Artifact[(Selima 1PAP + 1AP)+(Janika 1PAP): Hearthhome - the final resting place of Tafeita(hopefully NOT by the way, I would much prefer Anubis Dread returns). Memorial to their lost Sister, Hearthome is a Utility Artifact that discounts crafting Major Artifacts. This action can be completed by the remaining Sisters - Looloodi, Janika, and Marah if they so choose, otherwise Selima will finish. Deja Who instructed me to use Janika's weekly PAP in the OOC, so that leaves two AP remaining needed to complete the action.

These actions could contribute to a Knowledge Sphere or perhaps Artifice Sphere....I leave that to others to decided.

Remaining AP = 6AP+1PAP +1BAP - 1PAP -1BAP = 6AP
    Last edited by RolandDeschain; 2019-03-30 at 02:15 PM.