I wish I'd played any of the *switch builds- Flameswitch (the ardent one) appeals to me most.

I think 4e did Leaders better than any P&P RPG I've played. I have a soft spot for enablers, because combat can always go faster*. Someone who can call nova & wipe half an encounter just sounds delicious. I'm afraid, because my DM would has basically a 50-50 shot of saying "OK, we can call it if you all just lose a surge now" or throwing in two more elites to make it last another hour.

I've been in a campaign that's been going on for 8 years, so I have a mish-mash Wayfarer Gnome ValBard with more than a smattering of Paladin. He's about right for the campaign powerwise, has more options than anyone else, and makes the rest of the party do their thing so efficiently they don't even notice; but feels like he's held together with chewing gum & twist ties, and even with a cheat-sheet nobody else can run him. He's satisfied several itches.

*yeah, yeah, "as much the players as the system". But shuffling Alea Tools markers under a half-dozen creatures takes almost as long as the guy who doesn't think about his turn before it starts.