Quote Originally Posted by TheCritFail View Post
please tell me how was your day.

I've had a bad cough for about a week and on Friday after work I coughed so hard I think I pulled a muscle on the left side of my torso and it's hurt there every time I cough, but on Saturday I sneezed and it was damn near the worse pain I've experienced.

This morning I took a cough suppressant upon waking, and with the dawn my 2-1/2 year old son started talking, so to keep him from waking up my wife and our 14 year-old son I kept him close with a Tablet screen so he could watch Blippi and Dora the Explorer, when they woke up they took him and I dozed off (I think the cough suppressant had a sedative effect) and on waking just after noon I saw the little guy chasing our 14 year-old with a plastic sword while yelling: "I DA PIRATE! ARRRR!"

I then drank a bunch of tea and drove the four of us to a local community college to check out bus routes and class location, and we saw that the Chinatown Salvation Army store was open on a Sunday with a 50% ofc sale, so in we went and bought two toys and some pants.

Then we got as take out food some middle eastern style kebabs from a place that coincidentally happens to be across the street from latest location of the game store I've been buying stuff from since I got The Dragon magazine and the Players Handbook from them in 1979.

Upon coming home I saw that the honeysuckle tree that me and my older son planted last year now has more flowers blooming than I've seen before.

Now I'm looking at the latest edition (back in print!) of one of my top favorite games: King Arthur Pendragon (5.2e) which seems close to the 3rd edition in rules, and I note that, unlike the 1985 first edition women characters may no longer start with an inheritance of being able to brew a type of magic potion, and none of the spellcasting rules of the 4th edition remain, plus it doesn't have as many lists of faeries, which seems a shame, but the book is really big and the introductory adventures included look better to me than previous ones so it still looks like a winner!

Last week I also picked up from Mr. Mopp's Children's Books and Toys (brick and mortar FOREVUH!!!) an illustrated book on Knights, and another one on Pirates, and at a grocery store I picked up a couple of recipe magazines plus an issue of Bicycle Quarterly - which is a favorite.