Quote Originally Posted by Maan View Post
Maybe I don't find the EK features too appealing, or don't really get them.

Let's see, a full EK build would get:
4, 3, 3, 1 spells.
War Magic: looks nice when you have 2 attacks, effectively replacing one of them with a cantrip (BB it's an easy choice); less so when you have 3 or 4 attacks.
Improved War Magic makes War Magic look a bit better, though I can't really think of situations where a spell + 1 attack will make a real difference against either a single spell or 3-4 attacks. Especially because I see EK spells mostly as self-support.
Arcane Charge is nice to have but hardly game changing. Pretty much like Weapon Bond.
Eldritch Strike is no doubt powerful. Disadvantage can help landing a spell even if you DC isn't optimal.

On the other hand a, say, BM 12/Wizard 8 would get:
4, 3, 3, 2 spells. Also, without limitations in school chosen.
All the BM manouvers, that can give some nice versatility.
It would be missing Indomitable (x2) and (x3), though this could be remedied by just taking Lucky Feat (you can afford to spare an ASI with a Fighter); Action Surge (x2); a fourth attack; one ASI (not that you have too few of those, TBH).
On top of that you get Arcane Tradition at level 2 and 6: Arcane Ward, or Portent, or Arcane Deflection + Tactical Wit.

Thinking about this, a 2 levels dip into War Wizard could actually be pretty nice for a Dex EK...
11/9 is almost always the better split for 5th level spells and fighter is pretty free after 11. That said non-EK fighters prefer sorc/warlock for hard spam on 5th's. War wizard 2/6 is just also good on everything.

11/9 EK has 4/3/3/3/2/1 which is a little more hefty in terms of power and is a slightly better comparison point.