Kyuden Gotei - Dignitary quarters
"Ah...Right. " Sweat falls from his brow as he leads Kyorlin to his own quarters. You wait a few more minutes, for tea of course. The man is silent and looks quite uncomfortable. "I lead a group of thirty Shugenja practiced in circle-magic. The High Lord here had wanted our aid against some...foe that had supposedly corrupted an ancient portal deep beneath the castle. Did you hear a quarter of their fleet being destroyed?

...ah, of course you were there. I, we...left the Phoenix clan at the wrong time. Reflective people made of magical glass have showed up at the Phoenix clan. They claim to work for agents beyond the Burning Sands, and our spells are nearly useless against them. The Elemental Spirits themselves know nothing about them, and they demand answers to their demands before this month's end. I have sent word to Magistrates Tokua, Higemo, Aruwa, and Shinden--ah, Shinden Yuki, that is--but I admit to being poorly connected for my time in a school for many years. Can you recommend anyone else?