View Single Post

Thread: Personal Woes and Advice 5

1. - Top - End - #1489
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Default Re: Personal Woes and Advice 5

Quote Originally Posted by S@tanicoaldo View Post
    TL;DR:

I live a very unhealthy and degenerate lifestyle, life may change now that I may have to take care of someone's else kid and I don't know what to do since raising kids was NEVER in my plans and such change will force me to modify my entire life to accommodate a more healthy environment for a kid. I don't want to ut I feel I have to and I don't know what to do.
    Where is the dad's family in all of this? If the mom can't take care of her son, the first person whose responsibility it is to care for the child is the father. And if he can't or won't, both sides of the family should be looked to for support, not just yours.

One thing you might suggest is that, as you don't have the ability or inclination to take in a child, maybe the family can all chip in to ease the financial hardship on whoever becomes primary caregiver? Between multiple cousins, and I assume the parents of you and those cousins, plus the husband's family, providing food and clothing for a child could split out (evenly) as a relatively minor cost for all each month.

(And I suppose, depending on how traditional Catholic your family actually is, you could always suggest sending him to a monastery. )
    Last edited by ve4grm; 2019-04-04 at 01:54 PM.