1. - Top - End - #957
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe In The Playground - The Grustrag 03

Quote Originally Posted by OutOfThyme View Post
    He's not as invincible as Rhino, Inaros or Wukong, but it's close enough that it doesn't matter.
    My general litmus test for 'best tanking frame' is Sortie Raptor Assassination, so in that view, my top picks are:

Wukong is the best (Rage/Hunter Adrenaline can power Defy indefinitely) but must stay away from nullifiers at all costs and requires energy management.

Valkyr gets functional invulnerability, but is reliant on her energy pool on top of staying away from nullifiers (that said, she only becomes 'really tough to kill' rather than invulnerable). She additionally can't use some defensive arcanes while Hysteria is up, Arcane Energise especially.

Rhino is just incredibly durable, but is also reliant on his energy pool/staying away from nullifiers. Like Valkyr, he can't use defensive arcanes while tanking (but has access to Energise) but unlike Valkyr, he can be oneshot if hit hard enough.

Inaros' durability is independent of energy and whatever the enemy is doing, so requires less awareness/babysitting than Wukong/Valkyr/Rhino, but requires arcanes to match or exceed Rhino/Valkyr (although even a rank 0 Grace and Guardian are enough). Again like Rhino, he can be oneshot if hit hard enough.

Nezha is in a bit of an odd place - he's less tanky than all of the above, but has access to arcanes while tanking and can't be oneshot - of the other 4 warframes listed above, his tanking is the most interesting.

I really want to try Hildryn on the next Sortie Raptor Assassination, although I get the feeling that a lot of her 'tanking' will be hiding in the side rooms or behind crates unless I use the arcane/dragon key combo.
    Last edited by Brother Oni; 2019-04-16 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Incorrect information