Brown Leaf smiled and took Kelam's hand. "Naw, Nyrebi. Yer jes' askin' good questions. An' t' answer 'em, I'll tell you 'bout the temple on the way. First though, I want some proper food. We'll need t' head t' the Street of Palms eventually t' reach the Fane, but food there gets pricey pretty quick. I reckon if we head 'round the base 'a the mountain, we'll be able t' find someplace what don't usually serve tourists, an we kin git the real stuff."

She led her companion down the gangplank, and a thought struck her. "Oh yea, best t' let me do the orderin'. 'Fraid we won't be findin' any pork-buns in this area, an' most foreigners think Harborhead food is...well...spicy. That noodle dish we got in Chiaroscuro was tasty, but it ain't the same kinda spice. It's...damn, it's hard to describe. You'll see."

Walking through the back-streets was much the same as Leaf remembered it. They strolled down alleyways formed by the high walls of rich estates, shaded by the spreading boughs of wide-leafed trees. Thin tough stalks of yellow grass peeked defiantly between the red-brown cobbles of the street, catching on their clothes and springing back into place as they passed. Above them, birds both wild and domestic pets flitted and chirped, squawked and flapped. Occasionally, a door would open and a servant would emerge, pushing a cart or carrying a bag. Invariably, Leaf would greet them like an old friend, clapping them on the back and exchanging a quick word. No, she had never met them, but it was good to see them nonetheless. Along the way, she talked.

"So the Fane is Alhat's main temple. I know you heard'a him. Now the temple itself is open t' the public most days, it's where his guards and his brides live, an it's where ol' Resplendent Ibis, his high priest, works. I don't expect there's anythin' goin' on today. We're past the Ascending Earth festival days, an' none'a the five tribes got a major calendar event so soon after the festivals end. So far as the baths go, they're open t' the public an have soap an' oil on-hand, but we'll have t' go inta the temple an' pay our respects t' the god's alter afterwards. I figure we kin do our exercises on the temple grounds after, near one'a the flame alters. They never stop burnin' y'know?"

Suddenly, she stopped at an intersection, sniffing the air. A scent lead her down the right-hand path, slightly away from the mountain that held up the Fane. Emerging into a somewhat wider street, she identified the source of the smell. A small store-front, very clean but with peeling paint, advertising itself as a Shayanti eatery. "Oh, oooooh, okay. This is what I been lookin' for."

Spoiler: OOC & Rolls
Show
Once more establishing a fact about how things work at the Fane of Upswept Horns. Most of this is from the House of the Bull God, but some details are new for the purpose of the game. No Excellency this time, just Int + Lore + stunt. Don't think I can apply Leaf's specialty here, as this is very much not Immaculate in nature, but it does feel like something she would know.

(4d10)[3][2][3][1](9)
(4d10)[5][4][6][4](19)