View Single Post

Thread: Why Does Everyone Hate Healing Spirit?

1. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Why Does Everyone Hate Healing Spirit?

Quote Originally Posted by Pex View Post
    I still call it a feature that good healing is available from multiple sources in a variety ways. No one player is healbot.
    There's a nuance you missed. I didn't ask

can someone explain to me, why the druid of the party is supposed to be better at healing then the cleric

I asked

can someone explain to me, why the werewolf of the party is supposed to be better at healing then the cleric of Ilmater ???

As in, a druid who went with the combat/melee subclass vs the cleric who picked the healing domain.

Just like, to the question "why is the sword & board fighter better in ranged combat then the archer?" - answering "all character should have some ranged damage. no character is the ranged character" is a very unsattifying answer. it fails to adress the question.

It is not mutually exclusive to want something - and aknowledging that the way something is "fixed" is horribly wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by x1372
    I'd built my character to be "healer" after all, and he was essentially doing my job and a ton of damage on top of it.

I felt super jealous of that spell. I felt totally outclassed in that moment because of just how good that spell was at healing. And here's the thing. He wasn't using the spell right. He treated it as a heal on ONE person per turn
    Quoted, as testament to my point.
    Last edited by qube; 2019-04-17 at 12:37 AM.
    Yes, tabaxi grappler. It's a thing

RFC1925: With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea.
    Alucard (TFS): I do things. I take very enthusiastic walks through the woods
    Math Rule of thumb: 1/X chance : There's about a 2/3 of it happening at least once in X tries
    Actually, "(e-1)/e for a limit to infinitiy", but, it's a good rule of thumb