Quote Originally Posted by qube View Post
There's a nuance you missed. I didn't ask

can someone explain to me, why the druid of the party is supposed to be better at healing then the cleric

I asked

can someone explain to me, why the werewolf of the party is supposed to be better at healing then the cleric of Ilmater ???

As in, a druid who went with the combat/melee subclass vs the cleric who picked the healing domain.

Just like, to the question "why is the sword & board fighter better in ranged combat then the archer?" - answering "all character should have some ranged damage. no character is the ranged character" is a very unsattifying answer. it fails to adress the question.

It is not mutually exclusive to want something - and aknowledging that the way something is "fixed" is horribly wrong.

Quoted, as testament to my point.
Who says the cleric has to be the best? I don't give a Hoover who's the absolute best to the last hit point. Different characters can provide healing in different ways. Each way helps the party, and I'm thrilled if more than one party member can do it. The ones who heal have a chance to do something else because someone else does the healing at the moment.