View Single Post

Thread: Why Does Everyone Hate Healing Spirit?

1. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Why Does Everyone Hate Healing Spirit?

Quote Originally Posted by Temperjoke View Post
    One subset of players: "Man, every time I roll a cleric, I get forced into being a healbot by my party, cause no one has healing. I wish they'd give more options to heal and fix this."

A group of DMs: "My players keep trying to take short rests so they can heal with dice, and it's ruining the flow of my game. I wish they'd add some better recovery options."

Healing spirit is added.

A different group of players: "Geez, you guys totally made my healbot feel worthless! We need to nerf this spell cause I don't have it."

Another group of DMs: "This spell is totally ruining my ability to kill my players via attrition. Nerf it or ban it please."
    This would hold water, except that your first group of DMs and players are clueless.

Between hit dice and nearly half the classes having access to healing, nobody should ever have expected a non-life cleric to function as a healbot.

I have literally never seen a DM complaining that their players try to take too many short rests. I have seen complaints about the five minute adventuring day, but that's not really related to healing.

Will anyone directly answer my question? You're a thief with the healer feat. You're an important person in the party. How do you feel when Jeremy rolls up with a druid and casually makes your role kinda disappear? And even if this wouldn't upset you, can you at least see how it's upsetting to other players??
    Last edited by strangebloke; 2019-04-17 at 01:17 PM.