View Single Post

Thread: Cloudbreak IC: Glimpse of the sky

1. - Top - End - #1300
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Cloudbreak IC: Glimpse of the sky

Milliway. Let’s pluck an evening out of this month, an evening like many others.

The day was long. Had you been an iota less brilliant, the day would be impossibly long, and you would be possibly dead. Or worse. The Library is not a merciful mistress. Bit by bit, you mastered your lessons, and bit by bit, you coaxed the stacks into your vision of order. Bitter work, but at least you were not alone. The Archmage is always a few steps away from any hardworking pony in her library. Always. As the day wound to a close, you stepped away from your boss’ presence and into your new room. Not quite so big as your old lab, but nice. Comfy. Hard-won.

And you were not yet alone.

A faded image of a pony stood in your room. Tall. Rugged. Black leather jacket over his shoulders. Brighter coat than you remember. (Do you even remember what he looked like, before that day?) Back turned to you. Standing in front of the shelf where you keep that crumpled keepsake of yours. You know the one.

Before the shock of unexpected company could hit you, he was gone. Like he’d never been there. Nothing had been touched. No signs of intrusion. Your scanners came back negative. Magical scanners came back negative. No proof any pony had been in your rooms, save for a flash of red flitting through your memories. Maybe just the product of an overtaxed mind. Maybe.

Meanwhile, a hundred miles away, sleeping sound in a Vault of his own, the Scrapscallion shivered...

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    "Scraps!"

Oh, what joy. It turns out, even a sentient pile of goo can manage to scream herself hoarse. And she does so, pounding on Halftooth's shoulders with limp, splashy hooves, kicking, cursing, screaming because her son is being killed and somebody is going to die.

Ooooh, yes. Luminark is going to get it, but first? She has some new tin cans to fry.
    Spoiler: Narrator Voice:
    Show

<-over hundreds and hundreds of years, and nopony thought about making water more fun?! It's so obvious! It's, like, only the boringest and drinkeverydayinest drink of them all.>

Scraps toasted his glass of Superior Bubbly Fun Water to a passing patrol. "How's it hangin', tin-mares?"

<I try to tell them, but they're all like 'the Nuka-Cola machine's been broken for years' and 'water conservation is important' and 'this was a classified meeting how did you even get in here.' Sheesh. Some ponies don't know how good they've got it. When we get back, you should totally set one of these bad boys up.>

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    [Session Start]

Finally, in Stable 29, Scraps, your peaceful repose is broken by a ranger initiate coming to … well "summon" is pretty strong, more like "request because they know you'll just go do your own thing" your presence at the Overmare's office for a meeting. What do you do?
    <Oop, gotta run. Duty calls.>

Guzzling down the last of his drink - and taking care to stash the tiny umbrella for future drinks - the Scrapscallion smacked his lips and stretched lazily. "Well, I'm gonna have to postpone my 11-oh-hundred-hours nap, but for you? I'll do it."

Wink!
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2019-04-18 at 04:37 PM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.