Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
Sekiro. its part soulsborne game, part stealth game, part platformer, part rhythm game and I love it.

I like action rpgs whenever I get to play them, because I get the freedom of being a badass, progression and a story with it, because normal rpg combat like in mmos or turn based combat is just not as interesting, while pure action games just don't hold my interest for very long.
Based on your description, that sounds really cool. Thanks for the input!
Quote Originally Posted by BeerMug Paladin View Post
Actraiser.

It's pretty simple by today's standards and probably doesn't hold up very well. But the blend of city building with action platformer segments was very memorable and great for the time.

Also, do games that define new genres when they come out count as this? Because sometimes those define new genres because their particular mix of genres do tend to go very well together. Castlevania:SoTN, for example, or Minecraft.
Nice! In fact, that reminds me of the game called The Horde for 3DO. You alternate between building up your village and defenses, then running around defending said village when these monsters attack.

And sure, we can throw in genre-defining games. I really like me some Minecraft.