Quote Originally Posted by The Kool View Post
Even if it does, as a DM I would just adapt. Monsters hear rumors of wandering adventurers who pup up out of the stone from these tiny tunnels, start to keep things like boiling oil for fort defense... Have fun squeezing through a tunnel and having that poured in with you.
True but still doesn't stop the PCs from breaking down every wall they come across.

Quote Originally Posted by Drysdan View Post
I did read that, but dismissed it as just being part of the fluff. It's in the 'Ecology' heading, which judging from the other Ecology entries in CPsi seems like it usually just describes where and how a given creature lives in the wild, and it's typical size/weight. Is it really rules text describing a creature's ingame mechanical abilities?
The question is, can Geodites make tunnels? y/n. If y then no reason they can't make tunnels in-game. The important thing to note is that they create spiraling tunnels. I guess you can make a case that making tunnels might take longer than just burrowing through but not only is this difference trivial, but also highly unlikely since we're talking about stone here and not loose dirt.