Quote Originally Posted by Man_Over_Game View Post
I think it's important for a Fan Errata to express the difference between Designer Intent and Rule of Fun, and how often those clash. Focusing on Designer Intent provides a higher opinion, a foundation to base things off of. Rather than listening to the Fan Errata's opinion, or some random person on the internet, you can gain insight into the highest possible opinion on DnD 5e matters. Of course, you can disagree, but it keeps whatever interpretation is provided as the most "pure", before it gets dirtied by the opinions of others.

For example, Designer Intent states that you can "pop" from cover while hidden to make an attack, making it so you never left cover. However, if you ever do leave cover and enter a creature's line of sight, you are immediately spotted. This means that it's nearly impossible to melee attack while hidden (unless you can block Line of Sight somehow).
Designer Intent also states that you cannot Twin spells that magically affect more than one creature. Ice Knife, Dragon's Breath, etc, those spells all can magically affect more than one creature.

A resource like that is something I can use, comparing what the developer's planned and how people like to run things anyway.
I doubt designer intent is even possible at this point. Due to the way memory works and people develop it is more than likely even the designers cant be certain what their intent originally was.