1. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Default Re: "Fan Errata": a Proposal to Rewrite Some of Poorly Worded Rules of 5e

Quote Originally Posted by Sigreid View Post
    I've been in fights, some of them more serious than I'd ever like to get into again, and I can tell you it is absolutely possible, and frequently necessary to fully commit to a sequence of actions before starting, without any chance to alter the plan mid sequence.
    But its not always possible, and that's where the problem comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by Man_Over_Game View Post
    JC does regularly state that if you don't like his rulings, then to not listen to them. 5e is about making the game your own, and sometimes you want to know what the alternatives are.

It took me about 2 hours of research just to find some semi-official statement about what happens when you move out of a hiding spot.

Naturally, everyone can come to their own conclusions, but it'd be nice to have a resource that made all of the relevant information on the topic in one, concise location.
    I'm up for a FAQ thread, that could probably help a lot of users that end up posting here. Otherwise an "Ask a simple question, get a simple answer" thread could be made, but those become to clunky after a while IMO.
    Last edited by Rukelnikov; 2019-04-23 at 01:14 PM.