View Single Post

Thread: Cloudbreak IC: Glimpse of the sky

1. - Top - End - #1306
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Cloudbreak IC: Glimpse of the sky

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Rolled a 3, come at me bro.

One anyway: What should I be on the lookout for?
    Well, today is a good day for a coup. You have at least three factions gunning for your Administratorship amongst the various departments and the Disturbance Prevention Squad. Chances are at least one or all three will be making their move today.

Also, your tea smells faintly of almonds.

What do you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Elanorin View Post
    Milliway hesitates a little as she sets tentative hooves outside the bunker. It wasn't her first time out here but it's far from something she was used to and the last time she set hoof out here it ended in disaster.

She scans the crowds of ponies and assorted creatures that have arrived with a newfound curiosity. So many. They must have so much knowledge. She spots Luminark in the crowd and her ears prick up. She certainly planned on intercepting him, that is the whole entire reason why she is here after all. She was a busy pony, social gatherings were not something she had time for. Still, perhaps one or two ponies wouldn't hurt to talk to, perhaps over some cake. For purely academic purposes, of course.

As Milliway watched the gathering take shape she trotted casually in Luminark's direction. The wind felt good in her mane, and the sunlight made the new silver strands in it shine and sparkle. She was still a heavily augmented pony but she had shed her armour and her mask. Her face had only subtle scars remaining and she'd grown her mane and tail out, they were long enough to touch the ground. She wore a new pair of glasses which, considering she had a mechanical eye still, was surely completely unnecessary.
    As you emerge once more into the sunlight, you spot ponies (and other creatures) both familiar and alien.

Luminark is there, as is Laughing Gas. Neither has spotted you.

Did you want to read a sitch as well? Or is there something you want to do first?

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Dirt?

Now that's a name he hadn't heard for a long, long time. Like, at least a month.

...come to think of it, he hadn't spoken that name for a long, long time. Like, at least a month.

Hrmmm. The plot thickens...

The Scrapscallion took his sweet time getting settled, studying the mare across the table cool as you please. About time they threw a real challenge his way.

[Rolling to Read a Pony: 6 + 3 + 1 = 10 Let's start off with "What does Paladin Cross intend to do?", holding 2]
    Well, she intends to make you a bargain. Your reputation at getting into the old world precedes you after all.

You haven't responded to her query though, and she looks at you expectantly.

What do you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas
    I roll my eyes. "Get a load of Fido here. Thinks that darling Halftooth can't defend himself if he wants to. Does he know you think of him like that? Don't answer that, I'm sure we all can figure it out."

I float the spritebot around Fido and pointedly turn my back. "Besides. You want to listen to this thing, don't you? And much as I may be fond of your adorable pack, I think I might know a little bit more about spritebots than you do, because I invented them! Now be a dear, and fetch me the screwdriver, because if you make me find it on my own, I'll come back and shove it so far up under your tail that you'll be able to clean your disgustingly foul teeth with it."

[Go Aggro: [8]]
    The diamond dog growls at you, clearly disrespectful of your request but at the same time cowed enough to slink off and find the screwdriver, which he tosses at the ground in front of you.

Others from the pack crowd around, watching. While the sprite bot sits lifeless in front of you.

What do you do? The bot might be inoperable, but its data may be salvageable. (Give me a 'read a spritebot' roll if you want to go down that path)