Quote Originally Posted by Blue Jay View Post
I like your approach here, but I just wanted to point out a couple of things.

First, I think some attention should be given to threatened areas. I assume that each twin threatens a separate area. But can their threatened areas overlap, and do opponents provoke AoOs separately from each twin? For example, if I'm standing between them, and I do something that provokes an AoO, will each twin get an AoO against me because they both threaten me? Or would they only get one AoO total, since a single character usually only gets one attack per opportunity?

Second, Combat Reflexes gives additional AoOs equal to your Dex modifier, not total. So, all characters already get 1+(Dex mod) AoOs from Combat Reflexes. So, I think you can simplify the wording a lot here by just saying that any extra AoOs gained above the usual 1 per twin are shared between them.
Thanks for bringing this to my attention, it's nice to see people helping out with this.

1. Yes, they threaten areas separately. As for provoking, I think they would provoke separately. If a goblin runs past both twins in a long hallway (one at the front of the party and one at the back for example), I don't think it makes much sense if the goblin can run past the first one and then finger his nose at the last one because the first one missed his AoO.
I'll put wording in there to clarify they provoke separately.

2. You are correct, I'll change the entry and example accordingly. The wording might make more sense if I gave the revised example too.

How is this?

-Attacks of Opportunity: Each twin gets one Attack of Opportunity and enemies provoke Attacks of Opportunity separately for each twin. Should the twins gain additional Attacks of Opportunity, they gain the same amount as a single character and may be divided between the twins however they see fit. However, the number of attacks a twin can make cannot exceed the amount a single character could make. The number of additional attacks they gain is equal to the higher twin's Dexterity modifier (if they are different). Any changes to either twin's Ability scores changes the maximum number of attacks that specific twin can make. It is just as mentally taxing to react to possible openings as it is to make their own.
Spoiler: Example
Show
Dvati twins with one at 18 Dex. (+4 Ability Modifier) and the other who has taken 4 points of Dex damage and is now at 14 Dex has Combat Reflexes. and can make 6 Attacks of Opportunity between the two of them. One of them could not initiate all 6 attacks, the max number of attacks is 5 for the twin at 18 Dex. and 3 for the twin at 14 Dex.

Also, that last post was just to allow for a simpler version of the race. I'll probably just put it into the first post as a spoiler since it seems to have gone unnoticed... or maybe I should put it in a new thread?