View Single Post

Thread: The Tides that Bind IC

1. - Top - End - #952
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: The Tides that Bind IC

A corner of Ilven’s mouth twists as Daun calls him out for his slipup in beastly terminology. ”You’re right.” He says a bit sharply. “‘Beast’ should be reserved to the poor souls who deserve it.”

"Bringing down the tower carries its own set of problems. How do you propose we do that while staying free of falling stones? Besides, I don't think we should actually want to kill the shooter if we can avoid it. He's a brash idiot who would rather solve problems with an overblown, impractical, unreliable cannon-" Ilven cuts off his not at all biased rant on the subject of firearms and sips his ale. "But I admit he's good at what he does. Without him, who will keep Hunters from the Old City? Or keep the residents contained? I, for one, will not be replacing him."

He turns to Kalir. "Illusions are a much better idea, but I agree with Daun; trying to take him on alone is not worthwhile. For all we know, his nest could be packed full of his allies."

"Also, keep in mind that we did try this little... escapade during the day. If we were to go again, perhaps on a dark night, he may not have quite the view he used to. He can see through the fog, but night may be a different- and if we are unsure about that, what about magical darkness as well? I'd feel much better about our chances if he were firing blind."
    Last edited by aReallyGreatAxe; 2019-05-04 at 12:33 AM. Reason: color fixing