Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
The prequel movies: real.

The EU books: real.

The sequel movies: not real.

That's one of the worst proposals I've ever heard.
Given whom you guys keep talking to (or at I should say) for yet another 20+ pages now (again!) I feel I should take this statement as an insult
Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
The Thrawn trilogy suffers from being way too in love with its villain, to the point of Zahn forgetting in later books that he was actually a villain.

Still better on some points (notably treating droids as people) than the original movies, though on none does it approach the level of the movies you prefer to ignore. (It should go without saying that everything I've ever read for the EU is better than the prequel movies.)
Yes, the Thrawn books have lows.
Everyone their opinion.

What's yours?
For example, which do you prefer, of these two sequel options:
1. Thrawn books
2. TFA & TLJ
?
Quote Originally Posted by Goblin_Priest View Post
I have read zero Star Wars novels. I had enough second-hand accounts to kill whatever interest there might have had (which in itself, was rather unlikely).

I'm not a huge expanded universe fan, no matter the universe. I prefer original content in more succinct stories in less detailed universes, than huge multi-authorial messes of infinite plot holes, inconsistencies, stale recycled crap, power creep, and cheap gimmicks.

Namely for many of these reasons I hate the sequels. And given Disney will launch their own streaming platform I have no intent to subscribe to, I'll probably never see ep 9.
I agree with most of what you said.
Still, I enjoyed reading the Thrawn books and the trilogy with the Jedi academy, Kyp Durron and Admiral Daala (don't know the English title).

Would a nice coherent movie sequel have been better?
Absolutely! But in my opinion, that's not what we got either way, so that's that for me....