The Archivist
Midnight Sun
Spoiler
Show
The spy gives a kind of wide-beaked squawk that might be laughter or a scared gasp, it is difficult to tell. For a moment, the shadowy haze around him lifts, revealing a piercing dark eye in a and white head.
"The opposite. I appreciate directness. The understanding is simple. What, when, where, how. As much information as you have.
For payment, I take most mortal currencies. I can use those to purchase my needs. Unless you have any good contracts with construction or shipping companies. I also accept payments in credit with those. As long as they are discreet and neither they or you as any questions.
So, what is it you need?"

The Waxen Archive
Spoiler
Show
An enormous buzz swells up, as a hundred scouts swarm up, each scanning the newcomer in sideways zig-zag flight, like a swivelling camera.
Seemingly satisfied, the scouts retreat and drones fly out next, focused in a dense, dark formation, the size of a human head. Sharp directed bursts of radio waves come forth, conveying several streams of information simultaneously at high density, like a chorus of questions asked at once in a crowded room.

++Threat assessment: Prince class, alarm level raised +3.599repeating, no current hostilities++

++Slight indignation: ants? Really? Pleeaaaaase++

++Class Twelve Information Density, Reciprocal Exchange Y/N?++

++Agriculture unnecessary for sufficiently advanced culture, preferred method hunter-gathering on agricultural institutions provided by sufficiently guided larger species (re:human)++

++Cooperation preferable, circumstances to be established -> subcommittees?++

++Initiate diplomatic protocols: Many thanks for your congratulations honoured archivist. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. ++

The Novska Historical Society
Spoiler
Show
Dear Ms. Keay

It is always good to hear of enthusiastic amateurs eager to learn more about the fascinating history of our fair city. Please do not hesitate to ask as for any and all information you would like and we will be glad to help you.

Wilhelm Holub, Esq.
Society Chancellor