Eltest Kha
The Silver Falcon
Spoiler
Show
After a short security check done by two very attentive young soldiersr, the visitor is shown into the mansion itself. From somewhere further back into the estate, gunfire and shouting can be heard, muffled by the trees.

The captain's office is rather spartan, featuring a desk, two chairs, a filing cabinet, a map of the balkans on one wall and a larger one of the local coastline and mountains on the other and behind the desk a hanging flag with the heavily stylized, almost abstract diving falcon that is the group's emblem. On the desk lie blueprints of some kind of machine, a heavy vehicle, perhaps.

"Capital idea. We are always looking for experienced soldiers. And if any of your veterans would be interested in organizing some lectures or exercises, we'd be grateful for any knowledge they can share, too. Why don't you send some of your fellows over for a meal sometime?"

Farkas Mining Conglomerate
Spoiler
Show
Unless you make a habit of climbing over tall fences or down exploratory shafts, no, there would be little danger of trespassing. If we find anything promising, we get it fenced off. So, do not worry and enjoy your hike. THe local area has many wonderful natural features for tourists.

As for any serendipitious finds you might make, feel free to contact our chief geologist, Dr. Salvatore.

Feel free to direct more inquiries my way at any point you might like.

Vihali Haraszti, Director of Public Relations

Vascavin Medoza
Spoiler
Show
Mostly politics. Seems the senate rules are that unless one has been here a century or so, one needs a sponsor in the senate and a two-thirds majority vote to be accepted in.

As for the following, that too is proving a bit more difficult than I'd like, but I'm working on it.

The City Militia
Spoiler
Show

From the Desk of the General:

I am sure we can arrange a meeting and a tour, though of course, some areas will have to remain off limits. Anything we can do to help our veterans. We will send you more information on convenient times.

THe Ambassadors
Spoiler
Show

OOC:
Perhaps I should have made this clearer in the description, but the Ambassadors were intended to be ambassadors from the monstrous communities of the three large local empires, the Austro-HUngarian (Laurin), the Russian (the Duke) and the Ottoman (The Shahmaran).

The Scion of Bast
Spoiler
Show

Recompense will be made.

A going theory was that they required mortal belief and withered away without it. That is close to the truth, but not entirely so.

They do what the Royal Kind still does today: they fed on mortals and traded their power in return. And many of the oldest ones, they liked civilization, when it became a thing. They ritualized everything, bound themselves to mortal culture. Regular meals, if you will.

And as the cultures and the rituals changed and gods were syncretized and civilization conquered, they failed to adapt. Their power waned and they became weak.

And then... war. Predators, like the Leviathan, or those just wishing to remove a rival, topple their temples. Or mortals, who got too wily at their own magics and bound or drained what little might was left in them, to rise to Royalty themselves. Some, simply torpor. Many, we simply don't know.

The Growlers
Spoiler
Show

Subtlety? They hunt us like dogs and blame us for every crime in the city. Subtlety is for fancy politicians. We won't let them push us around forever.

(Halfway through post 18, a bit long that one.)