View Single Post

Thread: Avengers: Endgame Discussion Thread

1. - Top - End - #495
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Avengers: Endgame Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post
    So, I just saw Endgame, and I’m completely confused.

Spoiler: Confusions Four
    Show
    1. What exactly happened at the end? How did Black Panther and Shuri return? Not to mention Peter Parker?

I mean, I know they came through Dr. Strange’s portals, but how were they un-dusted? And if Strange could un-dust them, why not everyone else?

2. What happened with the gauntlet? Why did Captain Marvel fly straight for Thanos with it? Was there some sort of switcheroo, and if so, when did that happen?

3. Did they just shred the storyline for half the movies in the MCU? With the tesseract stolen from S.H.I.E.L.D. in 1970, how could it be at a S.H.I.E.L.D. facility in 2012 when Loki used it to travel to Earth? And if Loki didn’t use it to travel to Earth, then how was he there for the Avengers to capture him, and then escape with the tesseract when future-Avengers tried to nick it?

Also, if Steve Rogers has been living with Peggy Carter for the past 70 years, why didn’t anyone ever spot Steve Rogers?

4. And do the people who were un-snapped know that they've been gone for five years? If so, why is Peter Parker back in high school, and why is Ned still there with him? Shouldn't Ned be in college by now?

Spoiler: Who Was That Guy?
    Show
    At the end, when Pepper set the wreath on the water, we had a long pan of all the heroes and their families.

Towards the back was a tall, teenage-looking kid who I didn’t recognize, standing all on his own. Who was this?
    Taking these in order...
    Spoiler: Points of Confusion
    Show
    1. The Hulk explicitly used the new Gauntlet to un-Snap everyone who had been dusted. That was the whole goal of the time heist! Maybe you hit the restroom at this point of the movie?

2. Marvel was going for the van, which everyone on the battlefield knew including Thanos; it was on the side of the battlefield held by Thanos' army; he got in her way, she didn't go for him.

3. Sorta? The time-travel rules of this movie establish that any changes only affect a new timeline that you spun off, so all the shenanigans may have invalidated those plots in alternate universes, but the timeline we start and end the movie in remain intact.

They also accidentally *saved* a spinoff timeline from the Snap when the Thanos of that timeline's 2014 traveled to the "main" timeline and got himself killed there.

4. Presumably they're going to go with 'All Peter's school buddies were also Snap victims and they're all picking up where they left off together.'

Spoiler: That Guy
    Show
    Apparently this was the kid who helped Stark and got a garage of cool stuff out of it from Iron Man 3, as in the same character and literally the same actor.
    Last edited by Lapak; 2019-05-07 at 05:59 PM.