Quote Originally Posted by Witty Username View Post
I meant for the subject(s) not necessarily for me.
How do you know what will let someone else have a good time and why is it up to you to decide how good of a time they have? This is one of the basic things that makes the spell objectionable--the substitution of your will for theirs.

I was addressing a non-combat scenario, since I thought that was the condition. I will admit to a misread.
If I charm a snobbish noble to convince him of the good he could do with his wealth and power of less fortunate people. I am deserving of burning?
While I think you are vastly overestimating what you can accomplish with Charm Person, the ends don't justify the means and I believe you will find that the punishment for casting a spell, especially a mind-altering spell, on a noble is especially severe.

Bards are described as having performances so moving that it can effect others like others use magic, but Fluff matters, not mechanics so they should be treated the same as wizards and sorcerers because the spells produce the same effects.
Are you talking about Glamour Bards with Enthralling Performance? I don't see them as being any different. It's okay if they are using it as a substitute for violence. It's not if they aren't.