Quote Originally Posted by Kane0 View Post
So cantrips at level 1, save spell slots for level 2?

I just wanted to nuke the walking turret, it just seemed really awkward conceptually. Siegestaff takes the place of a pet and is a lot more set-and-forget in style. Numbers can be tweaked.

You can make one of each infusion. I pulled out the boring +x and DMG copying items
I don't think there's any reason to not allow them to cast spells start at level 1, cantrips and slots. They at the very least need cantrips so that they aren't focusing on crossbows for their first few levels. Splitting spellcasting rules is a no go.

I prefer the Siegestaff to the turret but I believe that the spell slot to ability charges mechanic is worth preserving. The Siegestaff is roughly on par with a first level spell (probably a bit stronger in utility, weaker offensively) but is already much weaker than the turret with the rate it's allowed to be used.

I still think it's problematic to allow each infusion to be applied at the same time, even if it's limited to one each. With only a few long rests you're able to increase each of your ability scores by one and gain a magical weapon. The new infusions you've added are either too powerful (Helping Hand, Crown, Girdle) or too weak (Suregrip Soles). I see the most problems with Helping Hand. It seems pretty tame, right up until you've outfitted a Barbarian/Paladin with a Shield and a Greataxe.