View Single Post

Thread: Hearthstone 23: The Evil League of EVIL

1. - Top - End - #348
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Hearthstone 23: The Evil League of EVIL

Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    Even if they do fix the OTK, I don't know that I'm pleased about every class getting a Pyroblast. 9-mana for 9 damage to the face isn't the worst thing ever, but it's a global addition that doesn't "cost" deck space. That's more than a little worrying to me - it's like adding another Leeroy to everyone's decks.
    It's attack is only 2, so played three times it's only giving +6 attack, not +9, which is more reasonable considering the mana cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    My opinion would be for the Reckless Experimenter to not reduce echo mana costs.
    If possible that would be the best option, as it impacts each card as little as possible. As someone else was pointing out though, depending on the coding, that might not be possible, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Geno9999 View Post
    Personally I would remove the Deathrattle in the first place, and just make it a 3 Mana 3/3 with Magnetic and Echo, basically make it a Magnetic Walnut Sprite.
    That would be a rather major nerf to it, dropping it from a very strong looking card even outside the OTK to a much more iffy place. You're effectively removing 1/2 of total stats from it as well as taking away the stickiness of the deathrattle.

If they do need to remove the deathrattle to make this work, all I can think of is that they could make it a battlecry instead, but I wonder if that might just be too much? Then it's a straight-up unconditional 4/5 for 3. We've only seen that before on the one Paladin minion that required Dragon synergy to work, which never worked out mostly because Dragon Paladin has never come together as a deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Geno9999 View Post
    Eh, nobody cares about Wild anyway .

Though seriously, I do think they might just shrug and let that pass in Wild, unless it becomes extremely common and what few Wild players as exist start raising a fuss about it. Though it does really make it feel like giving a card both Echo and Magnetic in general is perhaps an inherently problematic combination and they might want to rethink doing so at all.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2019-05-23 at 06:33 PM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis