View Single Post

Thread: Star Trek: Picard

1. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Star Trek: Picard

Star Trek is the bleeding-heart leftist utopia of SF-universes. Every issue in the modern world has been settled - and settled definitively - by progressive leftist politics, rationalism, integration with alien societies, and technological advancement. The hippie feel-good math nerd Space UN squad are the undisputed heroes for multiple series and thousands of episodes, and they make it abundantly clear where their politics are and where they aren't. Even back in the original series that was the clear intent, that it was the 60's and they could only go so far with it is another thing.

Not liking Star Trek for its general political philosophy is something I can easily understand and don't particularly care about, but unlike Click-Bait Yellow Font Youtubers scrounging viewers off the "divisive politics" of the current CBS series let's not pretend this is "against Gene's vision" or other sanctimonious twaddle about them SJW's taking over. It's the same **** as before only now it openly admits gay people are a thing outside of the mirror universe, which is not exactly trailblazing when you do it in the relative safety of the late 2010's.

*edit, I actually said original trilogy. Star Wars discussions are warping my mind.
    Last edited by Kitten Champion; 2019-05-28 at 01:14 PM.