1. - Top - End - #60
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Trafficking with the Genies: a Sha'ir Handbook

Quote Originally Posted by Malphegor View Post
    Ah wait the wording on scribe scroll breaks that. I was thinking a Sha'ir could scribe scrolls of their 'unknown' spells that they've identified (which would be huge), thus ensuring that given enough offtime they can just pile up a lot of spells in temporary form.
    However, Scribe scroll uses the sorcerer/wizard terminology of scribing a spell that you 'know', making it no better than it is in the hands of a regular wizard.
    Shoot.
    That wouldn't make a huge difference anyhow; the spells that a sha'ir identifies (and therefore learns) are somehow similar (in number and cost) to those that a wizard adds to its handbook through scrolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Malphegor View Post
    If you want a weird feat to add to this that fits thematically but is kind of useless and can't be used with the sha'ir as red a feat to add on as possible-

Genie Lore, from Races of Faerun. +1 to the DC of any sorcerer spells of a specific elemental energy types chosen when you pick the feat, stacks with spell focus. (it specifically mentioning 'sorcerer' spells is what kills it for a sha'ir as is unless sha'irs using sorcerer/wizard spells qualifies them to use this, but since it's a genie-dealing class we're dealing with it's worth noting for weird sorcerer/sha'ir builds at least I guess.)
    Actually I went through several Faerun's splatbooks, and the calimite feats are perfect thematically; besides the one you mentioned, there's also "[fire/air] calish-ite elementalist" (CL boost to some spells, that you could learn for free) and "bloodline of fire" (you are the descended from an efreet and get +2 CL to fire spells). They aren't mechanically spectacular, and need some adaptation (sorcerer spells? Spellbook?), so at the end I decided not to list them. What I could do is list the calimite human in the list of recommended races, and in general mention that there are regional feats available.
    Last edited by Kaleph; 2019-05-28 at 09:08 AM.