Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
Your experience of watching the original series doesn't match the experience of those who watched it when it was first broadcast, it was lauded for what would now be called "diversity".
And yet, why do we hear claims that SJW are invading Star Trek?

This whole topic has been discussed in details in the last 2 pages. You are welcomed to read them.

And the cardboard sets were awesome!
They were.

At the time. I expect a 2019 production to be more high budget than a niche genre show of the 1970s.

Also Discovery is lame because it's not actually being broadcast and the DVD's haven't reached my local public library branch yet, thus unwatchable and bad and they should feel bad until it gets on broadcast television, or to the library.

As for "Picard", if like "Discovery" and it exists only on message boards and not on real broadcast television then the makers are meanies.

Cable, Netflicks, and the like are abominations!
So.. Discovery is not lame. The method of distribution is lame.

You have no idea how good or bad the show actually is. How can you make a judgement call as to its quality?

I get that you protest against new ways of doing stuff - that's human nature - but don't start claiming that you can properly judge a product just because you don't like the delivery company.