1. - Top - End - #721
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: VVVVVigil: Valorous Veterans Vanquishing Venal Vermin

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Moon Well Grove

"Right, so we just... shot all the snakes until they're dead then, right? Then, once they're dead, I do the ritual." A beat. "Maybe I could gather some new branches after we killed the snakes." The druid looks thoughtful for a moment, but then shrugs.
    "Whatever, let's see how much time its left after we exterminate those bastards." Taking the lead, Anika is already ascending the spiral path carved out of the petrified tree which leads up to the moon well.
    If Blanche comes along, she will eventually see the source of the problem. The well is filled with water, as one might expect a well to be, but that water is filled with snakes of various species and sizes. There must be hundreds of them either swimming around in the water or laying on the stones of the well and lazing about.

"Elune's tits, just look at them, freaking freeloaders." Anika places the branches she's been carrying in a pile and punches her fist into her palm. "Let's show em' what we got."
    "...holy [gentle caress] that's a lot of snakes." Very astute, Blanche. "Alright, we're definitely going to be using the shotguns then. The spread will definitely make things go quicker for us." Setting down the bag and the two shotguns under her arm, the catgirl kneels down and removes one of the cardboard containers within, along with a bandolier. She flips the box open, allowing Anika to see the ruddy cylindrical shells within, and begins slotting them into the bandolier. Her motions betray it as a highly practiced task, almost moving on muscle memory alone. Once the process is done, she stuffs the rest of the shells into the pockets of her jacket, before offering the bandolier and one of the shotguns to Anika, along with a pair of earplugs.

"Alright, lemme give you a crash course on how to use one of these." She states, standing to her feet and resting the shotgun in her hands. She cradles it in her left before slotting one of the shells into the breach. "Push the shells into the slot on the bottom until it's full, and load one into the chamber by pumping the grip on the bottom where it rests in your hand," she instructs, going through the motions to demonstrate. "After you shoot, you're going to have to pump it again so it ejects the spent casing and chambers the next round. You'll eject the actual round if you don't shoot it first."

Once the instruction is complete, Blanche will wait for Anika to indicate that she's ready, before turning towards the pond and firing a couple shots at the ones in the well.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2019-05-30 at 10:49 AM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!