1. - Top - End - #36
    Barbarian in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Default Re: For Science! A Guide to the Revisited Artificer

A few suggestions.

Arcane Jolt: Green -> Blue
    It's not the extra damage that's amazing, it's the ACTION-LESS CHEAP HEALING. Screw healing word or other subclasses with bonus action healing like Dream Druids and Celestial Warlocks, you're able to revive unconscious targets without using an action, bonus action, or even a reaction. That's crazy good.

Arcane Turret: Gold -> Blue
    I also still think you're overvaluing the Arcane Turret a bit given their drawbacks, personally. I won't restate since I've said it all before, but I'd only rank it Blue. You can reference my earlier points here

Returning Weapon (Infusion): Gold -> Blue
    Even if you have someone in your party who can make use of Thrown Weapons, it's not exactly an "optimal" strategy worthy of gold ranking IMO. It's the only way to make the "Thrown" playstyle viable, but the Thrown build is still bad compared to other options.

Arcane Weapon (Spell): Blue-> Gold
    I have no idea why this isn't ranked at gold tbh. Repeating Infusion + Arcane Weapon crossbows is the Artificer's hands down best damage option, even if you only leave your Dex at 16 and focus on Intelligence.

I look forward to seeing your updated rankings for the new spells added to their list like Faerie Fire and Vitriolic Sphere.
    Last edited by Trustypeaches; 2019-05-30 at 01:00 AM.