Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
Moon Well Grove

Anika makes sure to put in the earplugs first of course.

"Huh?!" The druid looks between Blanche and the shot-gun. "Okay! I think I get it!" She shouts back. "Let's lock and load!" Whatever that means, Anika had no idea but she assumed it was gun-related.

Then it begins the moment Blanche takes the first shot.

At first the snakes barely seem to notice even as Blanche probably just killed several off them with the first blasts while Anika is still struggling with her shotgun. But then they all suddenly stop what they are doing and all turn to look at Blanche and Anika in unison.
Blanche can feel their unblinking gazes fixate on her, quickly turning from simple awareness into cold hate as they see the merciless butcher of their kind.

"Ahaa!" Anika moves forward and fires a salve straight into the mass of snakes, but as she isn't used the the recoil it looks like she might have hurt her side when she fired it off.
The snakes have little sympathy as they all start to crawl towards them. Better think fast.
Moon Well Grove

Honestly, Blanche had expected something lighthearted when she agreed to this. Make a few jokes, scare a few snakes off into the metaphorical brush, try to stop being so closeted and anti-social and hang out with Anika for a little... but when the snakes moves as one, the gravity of the situation changes, dashing those expectations.

Something in Blanche's eyes changes as she shifts back into that soldier's mindset, a deadly calm returning to her form. But this time, there's a little tinge of anger. Firing a couple more shots at the serpents nearing the duo, the woman takes a step backwards, briefly reaching out and tugging on Anika's arm to urge her to do the same. " Stay behind me. They get too close, we're going down the stairs." she barks, raising her volume so that Anika can hopefully hear her this time.