When I heard that Cameron and Hamilton were coming back to do a Terminator film I was intrigued. I still want this film to be good, but I have concerns.

The Terminator doesn't have an imposing screen presence. With its slower pace, Sarah Connor Chronicles (SCC) was able to do a great job with the horror of; a Terminator being able to look like anyone, so anyone from your substitute teacher to the City Planner's husband could be a Terminator. The films have had more imposing Terminator's who became iconic. Arnold doesn't need to be an unkillable machine to punch you in the stomach and rip out your spine, the T-1000 spent most of the film in a various police uniforms and had an air of institutional power, even the T-X had that body suit rbf thing going though ya it was a step down. T-X had some decent blending in scenes, but again that's something that SCC did better with both Catherine Weaver and Cromertie.

From what we've seen so far Hamilton's Connor has gone even further into anti-terminator commando mode, another strength of SCC was having her balance this persona with being a mother.

I'm also unimpressed with the T-1000 esque effects from the trailer. It looked fully computer generated where the early films did everything that could be done with practical effects with practical effects. SCC had to go fully CG for its T-1000, but that was fine as she was primarily there as an infiltrator to control a company and only had a handful of personal kills with stabby hands.