Quote Originally Posted by Kyberwulf View Post
See I think this movie was pretty good.

I think this did the opposite of the 2014 movie. That one was the one trying to make you care to much about the human element. It went so far that you never really saw Godzilla. I mean you saw so little of them, that I had a hard time recognizing Godzilla in this one, or even remembering who he fought.

This one did the Human thing JUST enough to make me go.. Oh yeah, Godzillia is on our side. GO GOJIRA GO! Without making me feel to bad so many people were losing there lives. Oh, I actually cared more for a couple of the soldiers then I did the main family. Maybe I am just misremembering, but I always thought that Godzilla movies were like this one. They gave the barest and simplest motivations to the humans, just so they can get to the monsters.

See, I don't get why people want just a two hour monster fighting another monster movie. That would get really boring after about 20 minutes. I, for one, don't want to see these monster movies turn into some anthropomorphic-fest Godzilla showing so much human emotion.

Also, when they got to a base, did anyone else notice that Godzilla looking Statue? I couldn't tell if they were building a robot or if it was just a statue.
The thing about Godzilla films is that they usually tail off the human story during the fights more in this I honestly think you would be hard pressed to find a 2 min scene that doesn't have a cut to random humans in it. I liked the film for the first 2 acts or so because it looked like they where setting everything up, giving you a good idea of the scale so they could just have a monster fight at the end maybe have the humans acting during one or two points but instead it was just constantly cutting away even in the final fight.