Quote Originally Posted by StoneGS View Post
I think even the oldest SciFi fans are tired of Terminator...
I'm not. I hear you though...so bring something new with the movie or I can just watch the first two at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
By the same kind of people who consider Aliens better than Alien. Those heretics don't appreciate a good suspense buildup enough.
I do think Aliens is better than Alien on a personal enjoyment scale, but as has been indicated, they are different types of movies. I like T1 better than T2, and they are again different types of movies. So I guess bug action > bug horror for me, but robot horror > robot action.

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
Rocky - "I don't want to win, I don't care about winning, I just want to go the distance."
Rocky II-V, et al - "I'm gonna win!"
That's kinda unfair. He wasn't supposed to have any hope in Rocky. In Rocky II it builds off his success and makes winning achievable. Creed nicely manages that in one movie. RIII and RIV are just about the cool music and training montages (and good villains), so yeah, you're dead right there. RV was "No matter what you win or lose, you're still you"...particularly given that Stallone wrote the ending differently than what we saw. I'm not sure what to say about Rocky Balboa though. That one was a little all over the place for me.

You're also perfectly correct on the First Blood/Rambo series, though. But I will still see the new one at the theater. (Go go great theater with $6 seats and $1.50 drinks in the cool refill cup!)

- M