Quote Originally Posted by Caelestion View Post
It also has the disadvantage of being easy to forget. Computer games can be as complex as you like; P&P RPGs tend to be a bunch of easy rules, with all the complicated stuff layered on top. Having all five stats to hit, depending on which corner case you're using, seems like an open invitation for people not to bother.
Hmmm. I keep waffling on this. On the one hand, we already have 5 combat stats, due to the three mental stats each being what's used for certain schools of magic, so it's not like it's a sudden increase in complexity. And while there's a placeholder for psionics, there's no actual psionics in play yet (UA notwithstanding), so it's more like four slots.

While I wouldn't mind simplifying, I don't think it would be useful to simplify them at this stage of development. They feel like they cover broad enough topics that are easy enough to grasp that there shouldn't be an issue associating each type with each stat. It even feels simpler than the existing system in some ways. (EG: You can use a dagger using Dex, unless you want to use Str. You use Int for magic, unless you're using Wis for magic, or maybe Cha for magic. No, your Str doesn't help you use a longbow. Etc, etc.)
Quote Originally Posted by Inmate XIII View Post
I don't know if I really like the comination of Sta and Con, simply because it can break the immersion if you want to build a less squishy caster, e.g. making a Sorc and having Body instead of Con as your secondary stat, suddenly, your sorceror can deal a melee hit on par with a paladin.
In addition to what Kyutaru said, also consider that the sorcerer won't have proficiency in using a sword (never mind things like multiattack), so won't be nearly as good at it. Just because he's buff enough to swing a sword around a little doesn't suddenly make him a melee fighter. There's plenty of room to handle the roleplaying differences in there.