View Single Post

Thread: Discourage stat dumping

1. - Top - End - #159

Default Re: Discourage stat dumping

Quote Originally Posted by Constructman View Post
    So you're fine with Str and Cha dumps?
    Sure. 21st century humans dump Str all the time, and both Str and Cha have enough mechanical implications that dumping them is still interesting. A Str 6 Sharpshooter can still fight just fine with a rapier, but can't use a Vorpal Longsword very well, can't grapple well, and is subpar are getting out of grapples; a Cha 6 Druid with no social skill proficiencies will probably be unable e.g. to talk the sheriff into letting him have a word with the other PCs when they're in jail. And that's fine! The game is all about meaningful choices, and being bad at certain things is a choice. Besides, watching the druid player roleplay an awkward persuasion attempt is good fun for everybody at the table.

Since those are also minor saves and not important to characters who don't need them for their class.

Is this thread really a big complaint about the lack of focus on Int?
    I dunno, I didn't start the thread and I don't really agree with the OP's goals or approach. My only complaint about vanilla PHB rules is that they fail to make high-Int non-wizards sufficiently interesting.
    Last edited by MaxWilson; 2019-06-08 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Typos