Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
Plus, her Blast will just splash off their shields.
No way to know that. Sydney had to get inside the shields, sure, but the PPO is currently nowhere near matching Max's top output for energy projection. The closest thing we have to any kind of benchmark is the Vehemence fight, and although we don't actually know what would have happened we do know that he still considered 'Maxima will disintegrate your head' to be a valid threat. Since he had enough magical power available to force Maxima to full dump into armor to survive, we can probably conclude that he thought Maxima's energy blast was even stronger than that. Or at least was enough of a possibility that it wasn't worth taking the bet.

All hypotheticals, tho. Maybe Max would have just supersped her way inside the shield area and blown them up from point blank like Sydney did. Maybe she would be able to just shoot through the shields. Possibly a combo, where she throws a blast into the shields and then physically punches through the stressed point before it can recover. Possibly the big beasts really are stronger than Max, although I doubt it - probably would have been one of those 'oh wait that actually kind of hurt, ok now I'm gonna take you seriously' scenes before Max full on speedblitzes them/overcharges a blast and obliterates them with no concern for minimum required force. At Sydney's current progression I don't think there is anything Sydney can beat that Max couldn't find a way to destroy as well.