View Single Post

Thread: [IC] The Mysterious Case of New Ceres

1. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [IC] The Mysterious Case of New Ceres

Kane slowly considers his companion's statements. Nodding along as they decide upon the best course of action. He is given pause as Meda appears before him, a twisting serpent of ethereal light and ever-shifting hues. In the back of his mind, some ancient spark of insight informs him of the creature's nature. "An Eidolon..." The Samsaran smiles. "I'm impressed, Lavendi. All these years and you still finds ways to surprise me." He chuckles, before nodding to the Elf as she moves to leave alongside him.

"Alright, let's go." The young explorer states firmly. Leading the way as the duo head towards the harsh mountain ahead. Waving off towards Colata one last time in well wishes, before turning the entirety of his attention towards the harrowing climb to come.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    So... Okay, I ALSO just realized that Kane has a nothing modifier to Climb.

So, I will do two things in sequence here. One first if I can get away with it, and then the second thing if not. I'll do them both here, just to save us time on writing extra posts in the OOC if the first idea isn't feasible.

First, I'm gonna offer the idea that, instead of using Climb natively, maybe I can instead have Kane use his Force Hook to hookshot his way up the mountain. Maybe using his Acrobatics to compensate for any difficult maneuvers?

Failing THAT, I'm 100% going to have Kane spend a point of Inspiration to get a bonus on this roll. Because yeah... If Climb's the only option, he's gonna need every advantage he can get.

Climb: (1d20)[4] + (1d6)[6] Uh oh...
    Last edited by Capt. Infinity; 2019-06-20 at 09:49 AM.
    Well, you know the old saying. "Give a man a sword and he'll do a d6 in damage. Tell a man the rules by which he must follow to craft his OWN sword, and the campaign's off the rails by suppertime".

Characters:
    Maestro Mentallo
    Kane Rainison