View Single Post

Thread: Baldur's Gate 3...confirmed!

1. - Top - End - #449
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Baldur's Gate 3...confirmed!

Quote Originally Posted by SerTabris View Post
    The one thing that particularly sticks out (negatively) to me about the added romance options in the BG Enhanced Editions is this: not only are all of the added same-sex options Evil-aligned, all of the added Evil-aligned characters are same-sex romance options, which I feel brings it even further into the 'unfortunate implications' territory.
    I get what you're saying, but just to clarify, Dorn is bisexual (or, to expand the notion further, he seems to be utterly uninhibited in his "conquests"). I'm also not sure about the implications that both Evil NPCs are coded as struggling with racial prejudice (or at least Dorn is), but that's a wee bit too far into politics talk and likely a stretch.

I'm going to also guess that they wanted to avoid the idea that everyone is bi, for whatever reason, most likely because the writing might make it sound that the NPCs are all just magically playersexual.

Spoiler: spoileriffic rambling
    Show
    A thing that annoys me is that every single one of the new romance interests is immune to the Bodhi kidnapping. Even if the kidnapping scene could be interpretted as being too much of a damsel moment, it still really sticks out when you compare it to vanilla behavior. The way esp. Dorn's kidnapping fails reads as a playground-style "nuh-uh, my laser is 2x BIGGER!" argument, and also sort of helps paint Bodhi as incompetent. And also further cements Rasaad as being unable to do anything outside of a cutscene.
    Last edited by Winthur; 2019-06-21 at 02:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.