The Old Flesh

Spoiler: The Archivist
Show

To expand of course, more business is always good and to eventually finish the ritual. We are already working on an expansion, you might have heard but we are sponsoring the Lions and have some dealings with others in that area. As for working with others, we should work well with most, as long as they don't disrupt business or CONSUMPTION with loud antics.
Gourmet Radson says smiling, the flesh just blubbing away behind the illusion. He turns slightly and cuts off another piece of meat and tosses it to a homeless looking man who just came in. They immediately stuff their face with the meat.

The following was found assuming you use both people immune to illusion and those who aren't.

Everyone who views it, calls it a pelmeni even those who don't know the word. Those immune just get a vague feeling and can clearly see it is not while those not immune will not believe otherwise and will think it looks delicious. Both describe the meal as delicious when consumed.

It is still delicious even when eaten in total sensory deprivation, though people are unable to say what it is beyond it being meat.

For the air tight container test those not immune to illusion describe the meat as looking delicious and that it is a pelmeni when seen in an air tight container and all are willing to eat it. Those immune don't feel anything particular and can't even say what it is beyond it being meat. Their acceptance is much more varied depending on personal preference with most not willing to eat the gross looking meat.

The stew's taste is described as decent but most people agree that it would taste better with out the vegetables. People say the vegetables taste similar to ashes. If it is then served with out vegetables except spices, people will agree it tastes slightly above average.

Those who are not sick when they eat the food will find that their blood has a slightly higher count of white blood cells, their blood pressure is slightly closer to 110/70 and their bathroom schedule is more regular, the effects are small enough to be almost unnoticeable if you aren't testing for it. The stew appears to have no effect though it is unclear if it is because it is so diluted or because it is mixed with other things. The only down side noted is a decreased curiosity and suspicion. Effects seem to decrease slowly with time.

Those who were sick suffered from a range of effects including their illness getting worse before suddenly getting better, no effects at all from the food and in one case a slightly faster than average heal time. It is not clear if the food did anything or if this was natural.

All who ate the food that were not in the stew group report that they want to eat more. This effect does not seem to decrease with time though it is a slight craving at most.

No extra dimensional mass is observed with it weighing exactly as expected.

The alchemy test finds it is mostly pig mixed with some beef and an unknown meat. It is believed something may be wrong with the tests as several unknown compounds were found along with blatantly harmful compounds such as broken glass and cyanide both of which were apparently used as spices.

Animals accept the meat and seem to enjoy it even if they are not normally carnivorous. Herbivores lose considerable weight as they eat fewer vegetables immediately after though most bounce back. When offered a choice between the meat and their natural food source, all chose the meat.

No spirits detected.

Nothing is seen growing on the meat left in a dark area, though it does appear to have shrank. A look at it through a microscope reveals it is teeming with bacteria. The students don't know what it is but it consumes the meat quickly and seems resistant to heat. The meat in the air tight container shows no notable shrinkage.

Spoiler: Velibor
Show

Interesting you request my help after that. I do have an idea for the favors already. They aren't even that big of a deal. You see the amount of panic you caused is quite impressive. Even with our abilities you were able to cause people to be paranoid. You don't appear feed on that fear though which gives us options.

Your idea was a good one, feed near the eatery so people don't panic as much. But what if you were to feed near another Prince who happened to be a competitor to me for mayor. Perhaps Ophios? Why with so much panic and with the right pressure they would have to let me open an eatery there and the council might even pay for it. Once enough eateries are set up you could start a rotating chain so the panic never reaches unreasonable levels and you can keep growing. A win for both of us. You get to feed, I get to grow and we can work together nicely.

The other favor is a vote of support for a vote of support. Your followers support me for mayor maybe by spreading the word about how my economic reforms would be good for the lower class or something similar and I support you for Pontifex. I am not sure how good they work together but it could be useful.