Quote Originally Posted by Aequilix View Post
I'm not dead set on crit fishing, but I thought the two went hand-in-hand pretty well. I guess not. In that case V. Human is looking pretty nice. And in that case Conquest is nice as well, same vein/flavor.

What are your thoughts on Sword and Board or a Polearm vs a Greatsword. With Sword and Board I could probably do something like Paladin 4/Warlock 1. Polearms would probably have to be Pali 2/Warlock 3. My only concern with polearms is if it'll have too many bonus actions between Hex and PAM.
If you dip Hexblade at all, you should look to grabbing lvl 2 at some point. Getting Agonizing Blast is well worth delaying paladin one more level, IMO. Seriously blasting things at a distance when you need is a good thing, even when you're mainly melee; and force is not a commonly resisted attack.

I have a vhuman sorlocadin character (paladin/hexblade/divine soul). I opted for sword-and-board style, but took PAM as my inital feat. I use a spear, as it's versatile and works with both S&B and PAM; eventually I'm going to go for HB3 and pick up a glaive.

Ultimately I'll be a Paladin (Vengeance) 6/ HB 3/ DS x. Good at melee, decent at distance, able to heal, tons of smite fuel and a good AoE (fireball!)