Quote Originally Posted by Algeh View Post
Also, I've been off school for about a week now and have, as I basically always do if I don't set an alarm every day and enforce some kind of standard, lapsed into staying awake until the sun comes back up again, at which point I realize I should have been sleeping. I've always been kind of curious if it would just keep advancing by another few hours each day gradually all the way around the clock or if I'd stabilize as a just a day-sleeper, but generally some need to interact with the rest of the world at a reasonable hour keeps me from fully pursuing that possibility. I kind of suspect my body just wants to be on a 26-27 hour day.
I tried doing 27 hour days one summer to reset a broken sleep schedule, and it was torturous. Despite sleeping for 9 hours every "day", I was feeling tired and nauseous as if I was pulling all-nighters, and unlike an all-nighter, it continued for several days. The worst part was when I would go to sleep in the middle of the day and wake up at sunset, and I didn't feel refreshed at all until after the first time I went to bed after 18 again.

From that little experiment, I concluded that it's in my nature to go to bed sometime between 2 and 4 in the morning that has me pushing bedtime as soon as I get the chance, and not that my internal clock prefers days (significantly) longer than 24 hours.