1. - Top - End - #410
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Not-So-Mith'd Opportunity: Random Banter # 222

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    Also, as an interesting, related note - kids these days don't know what a signature is, really. They just type out their name, which takes a lot of time and is, to an extent, easier to forge. And I mean, your signature doesn't even need to be your name. My friend has this stick animal figure, has had it for decades.
    My signature has gone through variations other the past decade, originally being just my first name but fancy, then first initial and quickly written surname, eventually evolving into my first innitial and a squiggle I make if I try to write my surname in under the second (that can vary, but most of the time it stays increcibly close, approximately four loops)). Unfortunately it does mean as my signature has become harder to forge it's become somewhat more difficult to deal with official stuff from my teens.

But yeah. While script/cursive isn't strictly required learning it is useful. Most of my siblings and I all learnt the same basic style of script, and we have similar writing styles (all somewhat loopy to retain writing speed, but remaining fairly legible for others). As in, what I can write in a second can take some people up to four seconds to write (half of which is spent raising and lowering the pen).

Also I really need to get myself a new catridge pen, I much prefer them to biros but always seem to lose them.

EDIT: I should note that I write almost exclusively in script. Unless I'm specifically told to use print or capitals I'll use script, because the great increase in speed is worth a minor drop in legibility.

EDIT2: Here's my handwriting in print versus script
    Spoiler: img
    Show

As you can see, it's not significantly more difficult to read, and writing it took half the time compared to print.
    Last edited by Anonymouswizard; 2019-06-28 at 05:43 PM.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.