Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
Basically, when a show goes on for as long as the Simpsons has it starts to get a little stale. The New Simpsons episodes, for the most part, aren't bad so much but they're not as good as the best of the classic stuff.

Also, the Nostalgia filter is in place--people remember the good of the past on their own but have to be reminded of old stuff.

As I understand it, a typical modern Simpsons season is one or two really good episodes, a couple of medical episodes, and the rest of it's kind of okay.

when FXX got Simpsons syndication rights they marathoned every episode(including the movie) in order for 12 days straight and got record ratings throughout so the shows gotta be doing something right.
I've picked up some more recent episodes, and it's definitely gotten better than it was around season 13 or 14 when it nose-dived hard. It's not quite as good as the first 10-12 seasons, but there was a pretty good stretch in the middle-seasons up until season 20-something that made the show almost unwatchably bad for me. That said, I've like more than I've disliked as of late from wht I have seen.