View Single Post

Thread: Miscellaneous Spells [PEACH]

1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Miscellaneous Spells [PEACH]

What sorts of spells should exist in a high-magic world for uses outside of combat and adventuring? What would spellcasters want to research? What effects would be desirable from the perspective of a wizard entrepreneur who wants to sell their spells and items to businesses, communities and well-off individuals? What spells would the average non-adventurer spellcaster have prepared on a normal day in a quiet town?

So far the list includes 47 new spells for 5th edition, with utility effects ranging from dowsing, to animating wagons, to creating safe campsites, and a small variety of (hopefully) balanced combat spells with unique effects.

Miscellaneous Spells - Homebrewery (Best viewed on Chrome, but Firefox should work okay too)

Let me know what you think!

Warning:
    Some of these spells, especially the ones that are newly added, are still in the Work-In-Progress stage. I do not have a perfect understanding of every rules interaction in 5e, and some spells may be unbalanced as a result. If you find a flaw or exploit in one of these spells, please post your concerns and I'll try to fix the spell or explain why the spell is written in that way.

Warning 2: Son of Warning
    Not all of these spells are suitable for every campaign. Spells like Excruciating Disruption (permadeath), Friendship Beam (reform the BBEG with the power of friendship), Rejuvenate (eternal life), and the Vehicular Motivation (steampunk/magitech) spells are best suited to certain genres of game. If you decide to use this spell list for your campaign, please feel free to exclude specific spells that do not match your desired play style.
    Last edited by Tiadoppler; 2019-08-09 at 01:44 PM.
    The battle cry of a true master is "RAW!!!"

I play Devil's Advocate. Why does a devil need an advocate? Because only bad lawyers go to hell. The good ones find a loophole.

5e Homebrew: Firearms through the ages / Academian class / Misc. Spells